Golfers can post scores and maintain a Handicap Index under COVID-19 rules
With more golf being played in areas across the country, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you that scores made in accordance with the COVID-19 Rules of Golf & Rules of Handicapping Guidance document are considered acceptable and can be posted to your scoring record.
You are able post scores safely through the Golf Canada mobile application or through your member account on the Golf Canada Score Centre at golfcanada.ca.
Golf Canada is going digital to keep our members safe
As we continue to enhance our digital platforms to provide members with a more convenient and seamless digital experience, Golf Canada is pleased to introduce a digital membership card that will be available through the Golf Canada Score Centre beginning Spring 2020.
To further reduce person-to-person touchpoints, we are discontinuing the bulk delivery of the physical Welcome Kit to golf clubs in 2020. These kits will still be available for home delivery, but only on an “as-requested” basis by individual members. Individual members can request home delivery of their membership package through their Score Centre profile on Golf Canada’s website.
Benefits of a Digital Membership Card
- Instantaneous access to your Digital Membership Card and PDF Welcome Kit booklet upon sign-up or renewal of membership – your membership card will be located within the Golf Canada Mobile Application and Golf Canada Score Centre.
- Environmentally friendly nature of moving away from plastic and paper membership packages.
- Ability to display your Digital Membership Card and Handicap Record your mobile devices thru the Golf Canada Mobile App for golf related travel where valid handicap verification is required.
- Flexibility and convenience – control the clutter with no more paper – all membership benefits are now located within the Golf Canada Mobile Application or Score Centre.
- Elimination of the risk of losing or misplacing Golf Canada Membership cards.
- Less human handling of membership cards and welcome kit packages to protect against transmission of COVID-19 and other potential illnesses.
* Note: Home delivery of membership packages will be available until October 31st, 2020.
World Handicap System Education
Now that golf is beginning to open across Canada, it is important that our golfers understand how handicapping has changed with the release of the World Handicap System. To help our golfers become more informed, we have created an online presentation that highlights the major changes to the Rules of Handicapping. By comparing the Rules of Handicapping to the previous system and providing explanations as to the reasons for the change, our golfers will have a better understanding and be able to feel confident as they continue to post scores.
Click here for the link to the online presentation. Click here for the link to the online presentation.