Uxbridge, ON – The 2024 golf season is just around the corner, and Golf Ontario is proud to release its 2024 Championship Schedule, featuring the best provincial championships in the country hosted at some of Ontario’s finest golf courses.
In what will be another brilliant year for championship golf in Ontario, the schedule will feature a number of prominent courses and new locations that extend far and wide to host the best players across the province.
The 2024 Championship Schedule and registration timeline updates can be accessed by clicking the link below:
“We are once again honoured and excited to release one of the most diverse and inclusive championship schedules in amateur golf, working with many of Ontario’s most renowned golf clubs,” said Golf Ontario Director of Competitions and Performance John Lawrence. “Our 2024 venues are set to showcase an exciting season in communities across the province, and we can’t thank those member clubs enough for hosting our events.”
Golf Ontario will announce outstanding championship dates/locations as they are confirmed. The full schedule of qualifying sites will be available in the next update on January 22nd, 2024.
Registrations for the 2024 Golf Ontario championship season will begin on Friday, February 17th at 9:00am, each championships-specific registration opening date will be made available in the January 22 update.
Highlights and Important Notes for the 2024 Championship schedule:
- As previously announced, the 2024 Championship season will kick off with the return of the Ontario Junior Players Invitational. The 2024 tournament is scheduled to take place March 11-12 at Legends Golf Resort – Moorland Course in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, exclusively for 78 of the top Junior (U19) boys & girls from Ontario.
- The City of London and area will be a hot bed for Golf Ontario championships in 2024. Beginning in May, the annual Junior Girls Spring Classic will return to FireRock Golf Club, May 21-23. In June, the Men’s and Senior Men’s Match Play Championship will take on the challenging links-style Tarandowah Golfers Club, June 10-13, and two weeks later the 109th Ontario Women’s Amateur & Mid-Amateur Championship will be hosted by West Haven Golf & Country Club, June 24-27. The City of London and FireRock Golf Club will also host the Ontario Summer Games golf competition from August 2-4.
West Haven Golf & Country Club, host of the 109th Ontario Women’s Amateur & Mid-Amateur Championship, June 24-27, 2024.
- As part of their 125th anniversary celebrations, St. Catharines Golf & Country Club will host the 102nd Ontario Men’s Amateur, June 24-27. This will be the second time hosting the Men’s Amateur, St. Catharines, previously hosted in 1999.
- The Ontario Junior Boys & Girls (U19) Championships will be conducted the week of July 8-11. After completing a full bunker renovation this past season, Otter Creek Golf Club, which hosted the Ontario Men’s Amateur in 2020, returns to the schedule as host of the 102nd Ontario Junior Boys Championship. Meanwhile, Beverly Golf & Country Club, the home of LPGA veteran and two-time Junior Girls Champion Alena Sharp, will host the 89th Ontario Junior Girls Championship.
- The Ontario Senior Men’s Championship will travel to one of Eastern Ontario’s most prominent venues, the Brockville Country Club, July 23-25. NEW for 2024, the 70 and over division will have 24 spots made available to register for. The 70 and over competition will be awarded after 36 holes and played from a separate yardage setup. The overall Senior Men’s champion and 65 and over champion will be awarded after 54 holes.
- The most significant shift in the schedule will see the Ontario Men’s Mid-Amateur Championship move to the end of July in 2024 from its usual June dates. After hosting a very successful Canadian Junior Boys Championship in 2023, North Bay Golf & Country Club will host the province’s best male amateur players over 25 on July 29-31.
- NEW for 2024, the Ontario Women’s Four-Ball Championship will feature a separate Senior Women’s Four-Ball competition in which players aged 50 and over can choose to play in their own division. The Senior Women’s competition will play from a shorter yardage setup. This year’s event will return to the historic Ladies’ Golf Club of Toronto on September 16th.
Golf Ontario would like to thank all member clubs who have committed to hosting championships and qualifiers for their continued support heading into the 2024 championship season. Updates regarding the remaining championship dates/locations will be made immediately as they are confirmed.